August 12, 1994 saw the inauguration of the TEACHERS TRAINING CELL with the introduction of a year-long certificate course in Special Education (for teaching the mentally impaired and Autistic children). Tamana (School of Hope) is the recognized teacher training institute recognized by RCI.
The courses offered are:
- Diploma in Education Special Education (Autism Spectrum Disorders) D. Ed. SE (ASD)
- Diploma in Education Special Education (Mental Retardation) D.Ed.SE (MR)
These Programmes are being offered by the National institutes, NIEPMD (National Institute for persons with multiple disability) and NIMH (National Institute for Mental Handicap)
we have also applied for two new courses DVR (Diploma in vocational Rehabilitation Mental Retardation) and DHLS (Diploma in hearing, language and speech)
On completion of the course, the trainee teacher will be eligible for the following jobs:
- Special educator in special school
- Special educator in inclusive set –up/regular school
- Special educator in a clinical / hospital set-up
- Special educator in Govt.schools under the SSA/DSSSB programme
- As a regular teacher in schools (2 yrs Diploma Programmes in special education in MR and ASD are equivalent to JBT/DIET).
- The trainee teacher will be fully trained to work in the home based training or open own center.
Eligibility for the course :
The minimum qualification for admission is successful completion of 10+2 or Higher Secondary Examination or equivalent with minimum 50% marks
Note:-The medium of instruction for all the programme will be English/Hindi.
- We also conduct short-term courses and workshops designed individually as per the need of the group and certified by Tamana
- (We had conducted a six months pilot project of WHO for teachers of SAARC countries, three months training programme for teachers from LEH.)
- We have also been conducting International conferences and workshops on regular basis.
These Special Education programmes aim to develop professionals for special and inclusive education within a broad perspective of education. The programme intends to educate and train the aspirants to become agents of change as teaching-professionals by imbibing the required knowledge, skills and positive attitude. The education and training will enable them to seek out and hone the talents in the children with disability. It will also catalyze the realization that special education is all about child centric good quality education.) The course gave special preference to those from rural backgrounds and from economically weaker sections of society.
Admission form are available on the website (in the link forms ) and at Tamana Autism Centre (School of Hope)
Director(Teacher Training Cell): Ms Purnima Jain
Coordinators: Mr. Sunil Kumar
Faculty: Mr.Shivendra Narayana Dubey, Ms.Archana Kumari.
Tamana Autism Centre (School of Hope)
Near Chinmaya Vidyalaya
Vasant Vihar, New Delhi.110057
Mobile No: 9654067181, 8285177518